Better SA’s free volunteer hop-on hop-off buses currently only operate in Johannesburg. However, we only need 100 new My School supporters to sign up and this will give us enough funding to expand this service to one new city. It’s simple and quick to sign up and better yet it’s free!
How MySchool Card Works:
- The My School card is not just for parents with school going kids. You can use your card to support any organisation that is registered as a My School beneficiary. Simply swipe your card at any partner store and a percentage of your spend will be donated to your beneficiaries. The card is free and it will not cost you anything to donate to your beneficiaries
- You can add up to three beneficiaries per card
- There’s over 1500 partner stores that you can use your card at to raise funds. You can use your My School card at the stores shown below.
NOTE: Certain Pick n Pay stores, SPAR stores, SPUR restaurants and Toys R Us stores are My School partners. To search for all partner stores in your area click here.
How to sign up for a MySchool Card:
To sign up for a new MySchool card, click here. Add Better SA as a beneficiary and wait for your card to be delivered.
To add Better SA as a beneficiary to an existing MySchool card,
Alternatively you can download the supporter form by clicking here, fill in all your information and send it to us at email@example.com, We will then send through your application form to the MySchool team directly.
Better SA Wishlist:
- A 13 – 15 seater vehicle or a vehicle sponsor to provide low cost or free vehicle hire for our hop-on hop-off volunteer bus service
- New or previously loved laptop computers in working order
- Acrylic paint in bright and fun colours
- New or previously loved baby clothes, toys or books
- New or previously loved puzzles
- New or previously loved chess sets, boule sets or croquet sets
- Paint brushes (between 10mm and 30mm thick)
- White A4 printer paper
- Black pens
- Packing tape
- Nail polish, hand cream, nail files, nail clippers, nail polish remover
We can use almost any donation as we have a large network of partner organisations with varying needs. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have something to donate that is not listed above.
Order A Better SA T-shirt
Don’t forget you can purchase a Better SA for R120. All proceeds go towards funding our free volunteer hop-on hop-off buses.
E-mail the number of t-shirts and sizes to email@example.com and we will have them ready for you to wear on your volunteering experience.
Better SA welcomes cash donations as these funds pay for buses and staff required to run our free hop-on hop-off bus service. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to make a cash donation and we will send you our banking details.