Hop-On, Hop-Off Buses
Buses leave from the below bus hubs every Saturday morning and Wednesday afternoons (CPT only), 50 weeks a year.
- Broadacres Shopping Centre, Cedar Road, Fourways
- James and Ethel Grey Park, North Street, Illovo
- 14th Avenue District Shopping Centre, 14th Avenue, Roodepoort
- Vodaworld, Vodacom Boulevard, Midrand
- Mupine Golf Club, Forest Drive Extension, Pinelands
- Old Mutual, Sports Field, Jan Smuts Drive, Pinelands
- Our team leaders will meet you at each bus and will fully brief you on the area and organisation you will be visiting as well as the volunteer activity you will be participating in.
To book a slot on a bus you must do the following:
- Join the movement by completing this form
- Click on the upcoming events button below
- Choose an event you would like to join and complete the booking form above the calendar
Order A Better SA T-shirt
Don’t forget you can purchase a Better SA t-shirt for R120. All proceeds go towards funding our free volunteer hop-on hop-off buses.
E-mail the number of t-shirts and sizes to email@example.com and we will have them ready for you to wear on your volunteering experience.
Skills Based Volunteering
We are looking for skilled people to help us with the following:
- We need an IT Specialist or a computer whiz who will be able to help us set up computers to put in computer labs at our partner organisations.
- Better SA is looking for auditors to audit our annual financials for a reduced rate or take Better SA on as a pro bono client.
- Are you a social media whizz? We need to improve our followings and interaction rates on all social media platforms and are looking for an expert to help us do this.
- Better SA would welcome assistance from any event organisers looking to plan and host events to raise funds for Better SA. We have great fundraising event ideas but do not have the manpower or financial resources to bring these ideas to life.
- Are you a building foreman, handy man, plumber or electrician? Better SA is scoping numerous building projects but we need a few experts to assist in bringing these projects to life.
- Our partner organisations are often looking for assistance in the following areas:
- Graphic design
– Website development
– Videographers and editors
Finally! Volunteer opportunities that can be done in the comfort of your own home and in your pyjamas nogal.
- Sign up for a My School card and add Better SA as a beneficiary. Then email all of your friends and family and get them to do the same.
The more people who know about the Better SA hop on hop off bus service, the more volunteers we will get. Help us spread the word about Better SA by doing the following:
- 5fm / Youngblood5 – Email firstname.lastname@example.org and request that they feature Better SA as a Youngblood5 organisation
- YOU magazine – Email email@example.com and encourage this magazine to run a good news story on Better SA
- Lead SA – Visit this link http://www.leadsa.co.za/hero-nomination and nominate our founder, Roberta Donovan, as a Lead SA hero for leaving a corporate career and risking it all to start Better SA. You can learn more about our founder here.
- Carte Blanche – Encourage Carte Blanche to uplift the nation on a Sunday night by doing a feature on Better SA. Complete the form at https://carp.co.za/submit-a-story
- Build a website for an organisation in need. We have several partner organisations with this need so contact us and we will connect you to a beneficiary.